|> Other Spanish exercises on the same topic: Homonyms [Change theme]|
|> Similar tests: - Este-Éste-Esté - Esta-está-ésta - Ha /a / ah - Hay/hace/hay...que - Homonyms - Homophones|
|> Double-click on words you don't understand|
Below are some common homophones of Spanish and their definitions :
1. Vaca sf : cow Baca sf : roof-rack = a frame fixed on top of the roof of a car, for carrying large objects.
2. Te : personal pronoun (you). Té sm : Tea.
3. Cabo sm : cape = extension of land jutting out into the water. Cavo : Simple present tense of the verb cavar /to dig.
4. Haya : Present subjunctive of the verb haber/ to have. Aya sf : governess = woman employed to teach and train children in a private household.
5. Hierba sf : grass. Hierva : Present subjunctive of the verb hervir / to boil.
6. Hecho : Past participle of the verb hacer / to do/to make. Echo : Simple present tense of the verb echar, echar sal / to put salt.
7. Hasta prep. : until. Asta sf : horn = a hard, pointed, often curved part that grows from the top of the head of some animals (bulls, deers, ...)
8. Bienes spl : goods = things that you own. Vienes : Simple present tense of the verb venir / to come.
9. Botar : Infinitive form of the verb botar / to bounce = when an object such as a ball bounces or when you bounce it, it moves upwards from a surface or away from it immediately after hitting it.
Votar : Infinitive form of the verb votar / to vote = to express or signify will or choice in a matter, as by casting a ballot.
Choose the correct word in the drop-down menu !
Good luck !
Spanish exercise "Spanish homophones" created by leserin with The test builder. [More lessons & exercises from leserin]
Click here to see the current stats of this Spanish test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn Spanish: Spanish homophones
A free Spanish exercise to learn Spanish.
Other Spanish exercises on the same topic : Homonyms | All our lessons and exercises