|> Other Spanish exercises on the same topic: Idioms [Change theme]|
|> Similar tests: - Interjunctions - Verbal periphrasis with infinitive verb (with lesson) - Verbal periphrasis with past participle - Spanish idioms (3) - Expressions and animals - Idioms : La ropa - Idioms with Pedro - Food : idioms|
|> Double-click on words you don't understand|
Spanish idioms -1
Let us see some Spanish idioms :
1. BEBER COMO UN COSACO : to drink an awful lot
2. DESPEDIRSE A LA FRANCESA : to leave without saying goodbye
3. HACERSE EL SUECO : (= hacer oídos sordos) = to play dumb/to pretend not to hear
4. SALIR DE GUATEMALA PARA ENTRAR EN GUATEPEOR : to jump out of the frying pan into the fire (Guate - mala / Guate - peor).
5. PONER UNA PICA EN FLANDES : to achieve the impossible
6. SER EL ÚLTIMO DE FILIPINAS : to arrive late for a meeting or a scheduled appointment
7. MÁS SE PERDIÓ EN CUBA : it's not the end of the world !
8. SER UN CABEZA DE TURCO : Ser un chivo expiatorio, (= scapegoat). One that bears the blame for others.
9. VALER UN POTOSÍ : it refers to anything of extreme wealth/ a very good or worthy person.
10. ENGAÑAR A ALGUIEN COMO A UN CHINO : to take advantage of someone's credulity.
Complete the sentences with one of the expressions and conjugate the verb in the appropriate tense !
Spanish exercise "Spanish idioms -1" created by leserin with The test builder. [More lessons & exercises from leserin]
Click here to see the current stats of this Spanish test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn Spanish: Spanish idioms -1
A free Spanish exercise to learn Spanish.
Other Spanish exercises on the same topic : Idioms | All our lessons and exercises